What is meant by U’d’hiya?
U’d’hiya is sacrificing an animal (an’am) on the day of Eid al-Ad’ha. It is an act of worship that will bring the person closer to Allah.
Proof of U’d’hiya:
U’d’hiya is prescribed not only in the Quran, but also the Sunnah of Prophet ﷺ and the Ijma’ – the consensus or unanimous agreement of the Ulama.
((فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْ)) سورة الكوثر 108:2
“Therefore, turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only.”
((وَلِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ جَعَلْنَا مَنسَكًا لِّيَذْكُرُوا اسْمَ اللَّهِ عَلَىٰ مَا رَزَقَهُم مِّن بَهِيمَةِ الْأَنْعَامِ فَإِلَٰهُكُمْ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَلَهُ أَسْلِمُوا وَبَشِّرِ الْمُخْبِتِينَ)) سورة الحج 22:34
“And for every nation We have appointed religious ceremonies, that they may mention the Name of Allah over the beast of cattle that He has given them for food. And your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God, Allah), so you must submit to Him Alone (in Islam). And (O Muhammad) give glad tidings to the Mukhbitoon [those who obey Allah with humility and are humble from among the true believers of Islamic Monotheism].”
Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
“The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) sacrificed two white rams speckled with black. He slaughtered them with his own hand, said ‘Allahu Akbar’ and put his foot on their necks.”
Al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever offers a sacrifice after the prayer has completed his rituals (of Eid) and has followed the way of the Muslims.”
(رواه البخاري 5545)
Muslim Jurists have unanimously agreed that U’d’hiya is prescribed in Islam.
Is It Wajib or Sunnah?
According to Imam Shafi’i, Imam Malik and Imam Ahmed, it is a Sunnah Mu’akkadah (a confirmed sunnah). However, Imam Abu Hanifah believes that U’d’hiyah is obligatory / wajib
Who can offer U’d’hiya?
Anyone who has met all these conditions can offer U’d’hiya.
- A Muslim
- Earns in a halal way
- Has a balance after paying for his family’s basic needs
- Can afford the price of U’d’hiya
Quantity of Animals
For 1 man and his family it is;
- 1 Sheep; or
- 1/7 of a Cow or Camel
Therefore, 7 people can share and sacrifice a cow or a camel which is sufficient for all of them and their families.
Conditions of U’d’hiya
There are six conditions for the U’d’hiyah:
- Must be one of An’am class. They are Camel, Cattle, Sheep and Goat.
- The animal must reach the age of maturity.
Camel – 5 years old
Cattle – 2 years old
Goat – 1 year old
Sheep – 6 months old
- The animal should be free of any faults or defects. It means animals with damaged eyes, sickness, wounds, obvious lameness, and emaciated animals (abnormally thin or weak) should not be sacrificed.
- The animal should belong to the person who is offering the sacrifice, or the person should have permission to do so on the grounds of Shariah or from the owner.
- Sacrificing an animal that is held in pledge is not allowed.
- Should be slaughtered between the time starting from after Eid prayer to the sunset of the last day of Ayyam al-Tashreeq. However, if it is delayed due to a valid reason such as the animal ran away, it can be delayed.
Days of U’d’hiyaa
U’d’hiya can be performed in any one of these four days:
- Eid Al-A’d’ha (Zul Hijja 10)
- Ayyaamuh thashreeq 1 (Zul Hijja 11)
- Ayyaamuh thashreeq 2 (Zul Hijja 12)
- Ayyaamuh thashreeq 3 (Zul Hijja 13)
For every new order, a new nametag will be created with the following information
1. Serial Number
2. Order Number
3. Date of slaughter
4. Country of slaughter
5. Type of Animal
7. Type of slaughtering i.e. Aqeeqa, U’d’hiya, etc..
8. Note for NameTag (provided by customer)
The nametag will be sent to the customer for confirmation before processing the order.
PHOTO & VIDEO
We will send each customer, photos and videos of his Qurbani. A photograph before and after slaughtering and full video from beginning to end of the slaughtering process.
- Best Aqeeqa Service in the Maldives
- Registered Business
- Payment Receipt provided
- Bank Transfer Accepted
- Easy to contact
- Experience (More than 27k projects)
- Operates in 5+ countries
- Custom Name Tag
- Can order any time
- Same day Aqeeqa available
- Meat is distributed to the neediest people in the world
- Photos and Videos with the verified Name Tag is provided
- Many other services; Baby names directory, Meaning finder, Name submission etc..